The San Diego State Aztecs will meet the University of Arizona Wildcats Thursday night before a sold out crowd (12,414) at Viejas Arena on the Campus of San Diego State University. The starting five for the Aztecs will be JJ O’Brien, Josh Davis, Skylar Spencer, Winston Shepard and Xavier Thames.
(Student Tickets will be handed out at 7:00 a.m. Wednesday the 13th. You will be able to pick up the ticket for this game against Arizona and a ticket for the football game against Boise State in two weeks.)
- The Wildcats have some height on the roster in freshman Eric Conklin 6-6, junior Chris Johnson 6-6, freshman Rondae Holis-Jefferson 6-7, sophomore Brandon Ashley 6-8, freshman Aaron Gordon 6-9, junior Matt Korcheck 6-10 and sophomore Kaleb Tarczewski.
Arizona is a legitimate top-five team, says Steve Fisher.They can hurt you in many different ways.
— GoAztecs.com (@GoAztecs) November 12, 2013
- I believe the score of the game will be in the mid to high 60’s. San Diego State this season will live in the low to mid 70’s. If the Aztecs score more than 70 points they will be unbeatable.
Keys for Victory:
1) Shoot more than 45% from the floor!
2) Point’s in the paint!
2) Only shoot 3-point shot’s that are open!
3) Limit turnovers!
4) Attack the offensive boards. Getting the offensive/defensive rebounds against this strong Arizona team will be a major key to victory!!!
1) Force SDSU to shoot from the perimeter.
2) Force SDSU to commit turnovers.
3) Win the defensive battle of the boards.
4) Try and get SDSU to foul out.
(We will have a more in-depth statistical game preview in a few weeks! This is a preview we wrote last season during the NCAA Tournament. All of our game previews will be this complex after the Aztecs have played 10 games … SDSU vs. Oklahoma preview)
Game Day Information
Game information: Tipoff 7:05p.m. PT Viejas Arena in San Diego, California.
Radio: Mighty 1090
TV: CBS Sports Radio
We will be live Tweeting the game on our Twitter account @SanDiego_Sports like we do for every major San Diego State Sporting event.
Thank you for visiting our site!