Are you ready for San Diego State Basketball?
Make sure to sign up for our email list to receive breaking news! (Sign Up Here)
San Diego State Basketball just had the second best season in University history. The Aztecs had many memorable victories among the way that included a Wooden Legacy Championship with wins over Creighton and Marquette. The Aztecs then managed to walk into Allen Field House and walk out with the 61-59 upset victory over Kansas. The Aztecs handed the Jayhawks their first loss home loss against a non-conference opponent in more than seven years (68 games to be exact). The Aztecs would then take the Mountain West Conference Regular Season Title at home against the University of New Mexico Lobos. The Aztecs then would win two games in the NCAA Tournament for just the second time in University history (10/11 & 13/14). The 2014 San Diego State Basketball team is going to lose the most important piece of the team, Xavier Thames. However, the Aztecs are going to be a stacked team heading into the 14/15 season.
Extremely Early Top 25 Polls:
- USA Today Sports: SDSU Ranked 15th also ranked SDSU’s incoming freshman class as a B+ (LINK)
- CBS Sports: SDSU Ranked 13th (LINK)
- NBC Sports: SDSU Ranked 9th (LINK)
- ESPN: Honorable Mention (LINK)
- Zylan Cheatham
- Trey Kell (On Campus)
- Malik Pope (On Campus)
- Kevin Zabo (On Campus)
- JJ O’Brien: Honorable mention all-MW performers.*
- Dwayne Polee II: Sixth Man of the Year.*
- Winston Shepard: Honorable mention all-MW performers.*
- Skylar Spencer: First team all-MW defense.*
- Angelo Chol: Transferred from Arizona before the start of the 2013/2014 season.
- Aqeel Quinn:
- Matt Shrigley:
- Dakarai Allen:
- D’Erryl Williams:
- Parker U’u: Transferred from Hartford and is now an “invited walk on” at San Diego State.
- Niksha Federico
- Desmond Maxwell
- Ryan Staten
- Kibret Woldemichael
- James Johnson: Graduation and is transferring out.
- Xavier Thames: Graduation
- Josh Davis: Graduation
* Denotes awards won by the San Diego State Athletes during the 2013/2014 Basketball season.
Now lets take a look at the 2014/15 Aztec Basketball Nonconference Schedule:
- Home vs. Long Beach State University
- Home vs. California State University Northridge
- Home vs. Utah (First time since Utah left the MW)
- At. University of Washington
- At. University of Cincinnati
- Maui Invitational (First round match up with BYU LINK)
“We will be having a mail bag every week for San Diego State Sports! If you would like to ask a question to our Founder & CEO David Frerker or any other San Diego Sports Domination writer please leave it in the comment section or send an email email@example.com. The Mail Bag will be posted every Friday as long as we are receiving questions.”
This question comes from Bernabe, “What are the possible starting 5? Who would be hot off the bench?”
DavidSDSU: This is my starting 5.
- 1) Kevin Zabo
- 2) Winston Shepard (13/14 Starter)
- 3) JJ O’Brien (13/14 Starter)
- 4) Dwayne Polee II
- 5) Skylar Spencer (13/14 Starter)
You would have Zylan Cheatham, Trey Kell, Malik Pope, Angelo Chol, Aqeel Quinn, Matt Shrigley, Dakarai Allen and D’Erryl Williams. That is not in any specific order. I would expect incoming freshman Malik Pope to be the freshman of the year in the MWC and expect he will receive a ton of playing time.
Photos from the 2013/2014 season
Links to other photo galleries from the 2013/2014 season:
- Selection Sunday with SDSU (LINK)
- Regular Season Conference Champions (LINK)
- SDSU vs. SJSU +Lenny Williams (LINK)
- SDSU vs. CSU (LINK)
- SDSU vs. UNLV (LINK)
- SDSU vs. BOISE (LINK)
Thank you for visiting our site!
Make sure you are following @SanDiego_Sports on Twitter and San Diego Sports Domination on Facebook for updates and information about San Diego Sports.
Leave a Reply