Seven Local Games Featured Within FOX Sports San Diego’s 134-Game College Basketball Schedule
SAN DIEGO – FOX Sports San Diego (FSSD) announced plans to broadcast seven local games within their college basketball schedule. Three University of San Diego (USD) and four San Diego State (SDSU) men’s basketball games will be featured within the 134-game schedule.
Returning to call play-by-play for FOX Sports San Diego’s college basketball telecast will be long-time sports broadcaster Eddie Doucette and former head coach for the USD Toreros Brad Holland will take the analyst position for all seven local games this season. Another former Torero, J.T. Rogan will report from the sidelines for each of the three USD games, while FOX Sports San Diego’s very own Kris Budden will split sideline reporting at SDSU games with local television reporter, Tabitha Lipkin.
“We are proud to once again partner with San Diego’s premier institutions, San Diego State and the University of San Diego, to televise a select number of home games this season,” said Henry Ford, Senior Vice President and General Manager, FOX Sports San Diego. “The anticipation for this year’s college basketball season is quite high and we are pleased to announce a schedule that will deliver some of the key national matchups and interesting rivalries locally.”
USD and SDSU Men’s Basketball Games on FOX Sports San Diego:
· Friday, Nov. 14: Cal State Northridge at SDSU, 7:00 PM PST
· Wednesday, Nov. 19: Florida A&M at USD, 7:00 PM PST
· Thursday, Nov. 20: Cal State Bakersfield at SDSU, 7:30 PM PST
· Monday, Nov. 24: Western Michigan University at USD, 7:00 PM PST
· Saturday, Nov. 13: New Orleans at USD, 7:30 PM PST
· Monday, Dec. 22: University of California Riverside at SDSU, 8:00 PM PST
· Saturday, Dec. 27: San Diego Christian at SDSU, 7:00 PM PST
FOX Sports San Diego’s 2014-15 college basketball schedule premieres Friday, November 14th with the SDSU vs. Cal State Northridge matchup.
San Diego State University men’s basketball team will begin the season ranked No. 16 in the AP Top 25. The Aztecs have won seven Mountain West Conference championships and are one of 10 schools in the country that have advanced to NCAA tournament play and win at least 23 games each of the last four seasons. SDSU has won five NCAA tournament games in the past four seasons, advancing to the Sweet 16 in 2011 and again last season in 2014.
“Once again this season, we are proud to partner with FOX Sports San Diego to bring exclusive men’s basketball and football games to the San Diego market, as well as provide behind-the-scenes access to both programs,” said Jim Sterk, Director of Intercollegiate Athletics, San Diego State University. “This promises to be another exciting basketball season and Aztec fans will have unprecedented access to one of the elite programs in the country.”
The University of San Diego Toreros competes in the West Coast Conference and has appeared in four NCAA tournaments, with their most recent appearance in 2008.
“We value our partnership with FOX Sports San Diego,” said Ky Snyder, Executive Director of Athletics, University of San Diego. “FOX is a leader in sports programming and we are excited to be part of their college basketball package with some of our non-conference match-ups on FOX Sports San Diego.”
The following are lists of the top national matchups and tournament games airing on FOX Sports San Diego:
Top National Matchups on FOX Sports San Diego:
· Sunday, Nov. 21: Boston at #1 Kentucky, 4:00 PM PST
· Sunday, Nov. 21: Kansas State at Long Beach State, 7:30 PM PST
· Tuesday, Nov. 23: Northwestern State (La.) at #19 Oklahoma, 12:00 PM PST
· Thursday, Nov.25: Loyola Maryland at #23 Syracuse, 4:00 PM PST
· Sunday, Dec.14: Jacksonville at #7 Florida, 1:00 PM PST
· Tuesday, Dec. 30: William & Mary at #6 North Carolina, 4:00 PM PST
· Saturday, Jan. 3: #23 Syracuse at Virginia Tech, 9:00 AM PST
· Saturday, Jan. 3: Boston College at #4 Duke, 1:00 PM PST
· Saturday, Jan. 10: Mississippi State at #7 Florida, 4:00 PM PST
· Tuesday, Jan. 13: Virginia Tech at #8 Louisville, 4:00 PM PST
Tournament Games on FOX Sports San Diego:
· Wednesday, Mar. 4: ACC Women’s Tournament First Round (Games 1-3)
· Thursday, Mar. 5: ACC Women’s Tournament Second Round (Games 1-4)
· Friday, Mar. 6: ACC Women’s Tournament Quarterfinal (Games 1-4)
· Saturday, Mar. 7: Big 12 Women’s Tournament Quarterfinal (Games 1, 2, and 4)
· Thursday, Mar.12: Big West Men’s Tournament Quarterfinal (Games 1-4)
· Saturday, Mar. 14: Big West Women’s Tournament Final
View FOX Sports San Diego’s ’14-’15 college basketball schedule here.
Thank you for visiting our site!
Make sure you are following @SanDiego_Sports on Twitter and San Diego Sports Domination on Facebook for updates and information about San Diego Sports. If you are looking for tickets these are our most popular sports teams.
Please click on this link to purchase San Diego State tickets Get Great Tickets at Ticket Monster!
Please click on this link to purchase San Diego Chargers tickets Get Great Tickets at Ticket Monster!
Please click on this link to purchase San Diego Padres tickets Get Great Tickets at Ticket Monster!