Welcome to the official San Diego Sports Domination and Victory Bell Rings Q&A. I hope this will help all of our Aztec Fans learn more about this weekend’s opponents. Please feel free to answer the poll question at the bottom of the article. For those who are attending the game on Saturday please check out the end of our interview for suggestions on food, bars and the easiest way to get to the Stadium.
SDSU vs. Penn State GAME PREVIEW (LINK)
1) Who is the best player on the Penn State Offense? Before the season I would have said without a doubt it’s quarterback Christian Hackenberg. However, he’s really struggled this year. At this point in time, the best player on offense is true freshman running back Saquon Barkley. His style is electrifying and he’s a threat to break a big run every time he touches the ball.
2) Who is the best player on the Penn State Defense? Anthony Zettel is the big name on the defense, but defensive end Carl Nassib has by far been the best player on defense this year. He’s spent the entire season in the backfields of his opponents hitting quarterbacks and busting up run plays.
3) What under the radar player should Aztec fans watch on Penn State’s Offense? As far as someone under the radar, I’m going to go with wide receiver Chris Godwin. Deanna Hamilton gets all of the accolades, but Godwin has been the most consistent receiver this season.
4) What under the radar player should Aztec fans watch on Penn State’s Defense? ON defense, Aztec fans need to watch redshirt freshman linebacker Troy Reeder. He’s now a starter due to injury issues with other guys and has made the most of his opportunities. It’s early in his career, but he has the look of the next great linebacker at “Linebacker U”.
5) Do you think that Penn State will stack the box in order to shut down the Aztec run game? I do not think they will stack the box early. The Nittany Lions are great against the run and have a dominant defensive line. Of course, if the run game is successful early on, then Penn State may change things up and bring more help up to stop the run, but I don’t think that will be the case to start the game.
6) What will be the outcome for the game? Penn State has made a habit of starting slow and I think this week will be much of the same. I do think that San Diego State will struggle against the stout Nittany Lion defense. Penn State will find it’s rhythm on offense in the second half and pull away to a victory of 24-3.
7) Anything that you think our readers should know? Any tips for getting around the the Penn State stadium or any tips you have for our large fan base making the trip up for the game. State College is a great college town. If any of the fans are sticking around for the weekend, be sure to take advantage of the nightlife. As for Beaver Stadium, none will ever mistake it for an up-to-date facility. It’s old and out-dated, but it’s a classic. There’s not a bad seat in the house. A word of advice though- be patient. The lines getting in and out of the stadium are long and slow, as are the lines for concessions.
Thank you for visiting our site!
Make sure you are following @SanDiego_Sports on Twitter and San Diego Sports Domination on Facebook for updates and information about San Diego Sports. If you are looking for tickets these are our most popular sports teams.
Please click on this link to purchase San Diego State tickets Get Great Tickets at Ticket Monster!
Please click on this link to purchase San Diego Chargers tickets Get Great Tickets at Ticket Monster!
Please click on this link to purchase San Diego Padres tickets Get Great Tickets at Ticket Monster!