If you are looking to purchase tickets for this weeks game please click on the link below.
NCAA SEASON LEADERS FBS
|Team||Total Offense||Pass OFF
||Rush OFF||Pass Def||Run Def|
San Diego State Overall (4-3) Conf (3-0)
The three players to look out for would be QB Maxwell Smith, RB Donnel Pumphrey and WR Mikah Holder. Smith, the Kentucky transfer, has completed 67 of 137 passes for 967 yards and 7 touchdowns. Pumphrey has had 159 carries for 773 yards and 8 touchdowns. Pumphrey is also leading the Aztecs in receiving with19 receptions for 249 yards and 1 touchdown. So far this season Holder has 14 receptions for 212 yards and 2 touchdowns. San Diego State’s offensive line will play a major role in how this game is played. They have been playing a lot better of late since the conference season started and especially with the return of Greene. The San Diego State defense is going to tell us who wins this game. The Aztec defense has forced 13 turnovers (10 Interceptions and 3 Fumbles) in the first seven games of the season. The Aztec defense will need to hold out strong if they want to win this game. The defense that comes away with the most take aways will win the game.
- Special teams will play a huge role in this game. The edge this week will defiantly go to San Diego State. Here is Rashaad Penny going 97 yards to the house in the first week of the season against University of San Diego. This is one of two kick return touchdowns for Rashaad Penny. Penny is tied with Aztec Alum Colin Lockett for most kick return touchdowns in a single season. Penny has 11 kick returns for an average 37.5 yards per return and a total of 413 yards.
Also, the Aztecs have a weapon in field goal kicker Donny Hageman who nailed a 54 yard field goal against the University of Southern Alabama.
Win vs. USD = 37 – 3
Loss at. California = 35 -7
Loss vs. South Alabama = 34 – 27 (OT)
Loss at. Penn State = 37 – 21
Win vs. Fresno State = 21 – 7
Win at. Hawaii = 28 – 14
Win at. San Jose State = 30 – 7
vs. Utah State
at. Colorado State
San Diego State Injury Report (Link)
Date POS Player Injury Status 10/15/15 FB Parker Wells Personal left the team 10/13/15 OL William Tuihalamaka Personal left the team 10/13/15 DL Dakota Turner Knee out for season 10/13/15 DL Randy Ricks Toe expected to miss 4-6 weeks 09/06/15 DB Trey Lomax Dislocated knee cap 4-6 weeks
Utah State University (4-2) and Conf (3-0)
The three players to look out for would be QB Kent Myers, RB Devante Mays and WR Hunter Sharp. Myers has completed 47 of 70 passes for 554 yards and 5 touchdowns. Mays has had 46 carries for 322 yards and 4 touchdowns. Sharp has 23 receptions for 278 yards and 3 touchdowns. Taking a look at the national rankings listed at the top of the article Utah State is a good team. Utah State is going to need to shut down the Aztecs running game if they wish to win this game.They will want to force San Diego State to throw the football. Offensively Utah State will want to keep the ball away from the SDSU Defensive backs. The SDSU Secondary is the best in the Mountain West Conference according to preseason rankings.The smart play would be to throw underneath the secondary for 5- to 7- yard gains or throw deep. If I am Utah State I am going to challenge the safeties and secondary to stop us.
HERE IS AN INTERVIEW WITH A HUGE USU FAN SO WE CAN KNOW MORE ABOUT THE AGGIES
1) Who is the best player on the Utah State Offense? Not to be obvious but it is QB Kent Myers Jr. It was no secret that the offense was struggling with Chuckie under center. Since Myers has come in he is 3-0 this season and 9-1 as a starter. He has improved passing the ball from last year. He struggled with passes down field last year but has shown the ability to throw it this year. He is an excellent running threat. He ran for 195 yards on CSU setting a school record.
2) Who is the best player on the Utah State Defense? Utah state is known for their linebackers. Bobby Wagner of the Seattle Seahawks is an alum of USU. following that trend the best player on defense is kyler fackrell. He is a leader on defense and is among team leaders in tackles.
3) What under the radar player should Aztec fans watch on Utah State’s Offense? I can’t think of an under the radar player, but something that sdsu fans should watch for are penalties. Usu offensive line has had several penalties. Usu us 11th of 12 in penalties in the MW.
4) What under the radar player should Aztec fans watch on Utah States’s Defense? I would say David moala. But he did suffer an injury last week and his availability is questionable. He was a replacement nose guard who was filling in for Travis seefeldt who was in a season ending car crash over the summer. If it isn’t moala it would be jalen Davis. Sophomore CB who is very physical and on top of receivers.
5) Do you think that Utah State will stack the box in order to shut down the Aztec run game? I think the Aggies will but it won’t be necessary. Sdsu has struggled passing the ball and usu has enough confidence in the secondary to sell out on the run and force smith to beat them. Usu is excellent against the run.
6) What will be the outcome for the game? I think pumphrey will get his yards but they will be hard earned yards. The aggie defense will cause 2-3 turnovers. Aggie defense will limit explosive plays. Aggie offense is averaging around 40 points over their last 3 games I don’t think the Aggies will put up 40 but they do out score the Aztecs. Aggies win 27-17.
Thank you @TimDHansen for doing this interview with us!
Win vs. Southern Utah = 12 – 9
Loss at. Utah = 24 – 14
Loss at. Washington = 31 – 17
Win vs. Colorado State = 33 – 18
Win at. Fresno State = 56 – 14
Win vs. Boise State = 52 – 26
at. San Diego State
at. New Mexico
at. Air Force
Utah State Injury Report (Link)
|09/27/15||QB||Chuckie Keeton||Knee||expected to miss 4-6 weeks|
|09/14/15||WR||Brandon Swindall||Undisclosed||out for season|
|09/11/15||NG||Travis Seefeldt||Undisclosed||out indefinitely|
Total Offensive Stats
|Team||Total Passing||Total Rushing||Total Offense|
Total Offensive Plays
|Team||Total Offense||Total Plays||Average Per Play||Average Per Game|
|Team||Penalties Yards||Avg Yards Game|
San Diego State and Utah State score by Quarters in 2015
GAME DAY INFORMATION
Game information: Kickoff Friday at 7:30 p.m. PT in San Diego, California
Odds: Utah State by 5.
TV: ESPN 2
Radio: Mighty 1090
SDSU is 10-1 all-time vs. Utah State, including a 7-1 mark at home, and has won eight straight in the series overall.
Thank you for visiting our site!
Make sure you are following @SanDiego_Sports on Twitter and San Diego Sports Domination on Facebook for updates and information about San Diego Sports. If you are looking for tickets these are our most popular sports teams.
Please click on this link to purchase San Diego State tickets Get Great Tickets at Ticket Monster!
Please click on this link to purchase San Diego Chargers tickets Get Great Tickets at Ticket Monster!
Please click on this link to purchase San Diego Padres tickets Get Great Tickets at Ticket Monster!